February 21, 2013

I'm Back!

After a little haitus, I'm back at it again.  Another tax season, another cake on Friday...

I didn't have time last week to post February 15th's cake so here it is now.

RASPBERRY COCONUT CAKE




I used one of my favorite baking pans, a Tiara Pan or Marianne Pan.  The pan bakes a cake with a depression in the center that you can then fill with all kinds of yummy stuff. 

I used a French Vanilla cake mix, following the directions on the box.  While the cake was warm, I brushed the depression in the center generiously with Chambord.  I then combined a cup of seedless raspberry jam with 1/2 cup coconut and a tablespoon of Chambord.  I smoothed this in the center.  Cream cheese frosting was piped around the edge and then a sprinkling of love on top!

No comments: